Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fitness Myths Debunked

There’s usually never any consistency in fitness tips that come from different magazines, websites or instructors. Possibly because each one of us has a body that reacts differently to food and exercise. Divine Caroline’s list of fitness myths is based on pure logic is a good one to keep in your head while planning your routines:

Myth #1: Doing abdominal exercises will get rid of my belly:
Ultimately cardio, extensive training and good eating habits are the only way out.

Myth #2: If I don’t sweat, I’m not working hard enough:
Everyone’s different, some do and some don’t.

Myth #3: Machines are always safer than free weights:
Not true if you aren’t careful or under supervision.

Myth #4: If I am not sore the following day, I should work harder:
Focus on acute muscle fatigue. Get rest and recover fast.

Myth #5: If I want to tone up, I should do high reps and low weight:
High reps burn more calories and high weight ads mass. Its important to work on different body parts differently.

More At Divine Caroline

No comments: